Some of you may have heard that Sarah J. Pepper and I pushed our release date back a week. It was a tough decision to make, especially when we had so many amazing bloggers post for our big cover reveal on Monday. We appreciate bloggers so so much and we hate for them to have to retract information to their followers because of our poor time management.
But it had to be done.
Collaborating is no joke. You’d think it would come along quicker because you only have to do half of the work, but that’s just not the case. In many ways, it’s harder because everything has to be decided as a team. And you both have to be available to execute those decisions.
But let me tell you why it’s awesome:
1. I get to watch my own writing improve because I am being pushed harder than I ever have in my entire writing career by a peer I greatly respect.
2. I get to experience another author’s process and apply it to my own work.
3. I get to learn the art of patience and understanding and how sometimes personal life has to come before book life…even if I need a “friendly reminder” here and there. 🙂
4. I get to blab about these characters like they are real to one of my best friends who knows just as much about them….because she’s all in….just like me.
5. I get to work with one of my best friends on a project that we’re both equally passionate about. That feeling is euphoric.
I’m sure there are more reasons, but you get the picture. This experience has been amazing and challenging and I’m growing and learning every day. So if bumping our release date back a week ensures that we get to check this box…
…we’re doing it.